Monday, May 10, 2010

After 3 months of Caging, it's nearly time to get back on the road!



So in late February, I lowsided my Vespa GTV in a turn that I had done a thousand times. It had rained the day before, and I was out doing a midnight ride. (Cheers from the Darwin Award supporters) Anyway, I hit a curb and shattered my heel bone (aka calcaneus) and was laid up for 6 weeks before I could walk and then another month before I could bear enough weight to work on my Stella rebuild again. The GTV, sadly must be sold, as I won't be able to ride a large frame modern for a year!

Anyway! Now that it's time to get back on my steel horse, I've found that random little trips around the bay are happening more often. Napa. SF parks. Marin Parks. My soul itching to feel the freedom once again of having wind rushing over my helmet; bugs in my teeth. Ahh...

A drive to Napa took me as far as the exit with the Target before I turned around started taking pics. I'm thinking this will HAVE to be the first ride of the engine break-in!

No comments:

Post a Comment